All Mountain Rangers
Ages 7 - 12 with previous skiing experience.
Modeled on the US Ski & Snowboard Alpine Training System, Phase 1 & 2
Cost $750 if registered and paid 75% on or before 9/30/18. ($825 after 9/30/18)
The ALL MOUNTAIN RANGERS is a weekly program training on Saturdays from December 22 through March 23. Training is conducted on Saturdays from 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM throughout the season, plus a 4-day camp on December 26 -29 during Christmas break. Participation in the Tommy Moe Race Series is encouraged. Coaches concentrate on teaching the fundamentals of alpine skiing with a focus on developing the skills and confidence to ski all terrain and all conditions. An introduction to competition gate skiing is included.
Participants are divided by age and ability into groups of 8 or fewer. A general breakdown of the season regimen is 60% all mountain skiing, 30% skill development & 10% gate training. For participants seeking additional gate training and fundamental drills, weekday training is available on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Head Coach Roy Loman for more information about weekday training.
• The minimum age for All Mountain Rangers participation is 7. Exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis.
• All Mountain Rangers participants are expected to ride chair lifts without adult supervision, and to be able to ski most runs on the mountain in fair or better conditions.
As with all FVSEF Development Programs, the season-long curriculum for the All-Mountain Rangers includes:
• Pre-season equipment consultation
• The opportunity to ski with multiple FVSEF staff members including a day with former US Ski Team Olympians Hilary Lindh and Julie Parisien,
• A minimum of three sessions of video analysis: early, mid and late season
• Mid-season and end-of-season report cards
• Equipment maintenance seminar for parents
• Safety sessions covering avalanche awareness, tree well safety, the Skiers’ Responsibility Code and personal best practices for severe weather severe skiing & training.