Please read through the handbook for all kinds of useful information about ski racing, our club policies, including:
Sportsmanship and Code of Conduct
Types of races for different ages
Team travel policies/expectations
This document is updated annually.
Please let us know if there is additional information you think should be included in the handbook.
Concussion Baseline Testing (2019-2020)
FVSEF strongly recommends that all athletes age 12 and above, undergo a pre-injury “Baseline Assessment for Concussion” for use if a subsequent concussion injury is suspected. Baseline testing establishes the athlete’s status when normal, which helps determine whether cognition has been affected by a subsequent injury. The cognitive impairments that follow concussion are much easier to detect if the athlete’s post-concussion performance is compared to his/her own performance when normal i.e. at “Baseline”. Any decisions regarding the athlete’s return to participation will be determined by the results of ongoing test results compared to his/her baseline.
Baseline testing for FVSEF athletes can be arranged at the Summit Medical Fitness Center Kalispell
Baseline Concussion Testing @ the Summit Medical Fitness Center Kalispell
- To be completed during pre-season annually
- Athletes 13 and older complete the ImPACT cognitive functioning computerized test, plan for 40 minutes. Cost of the test $20
- Athletes 12 and younger complete a Biodex balance assessment, plan for 10 minutes. Cost of the test $15
- Call to schedule, April Terry @ the Summit (406) 751-4533 or email email@example.com
- In an event of a concussion, the Summit Concussion Clinic works directly with your physician/health care provider to aid with return to play and return to learn.
If you have any questions regarding Baseline testing, please contact Roy Loman at 802-236-1057.