Development Team: 2 Day
Ages 8 - 12 Modeled on the US Ski & Snowboard Alpine Training System, Phase 3
Cost $1,250 if registered and paid 75% on or before 9/30/17. ($1,375.00 after 9/30/17)
This program is designed for advanced U10's, U12's and new U14’s who want to expand their ski racing experience through extended participation in Northern Division Youth Ski League competition. Training is conducted on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 – 3:00, beginning on December 8 and running through March 31, plus a 5-day camp on December 26 - 30 during Christmas break. The program includes after-school dryland conditioning sessions in the fall, two days per week beginning in early October.
On-snow training includes a combination of drills, free skiing and an introduction to ski racing. Participants are divided by age and ability into groups of 8 or fewer. Participation in the Tommy Moe Race Series is strongly encouraged. Participation in selected U.S. Ski & Snowboard Northern Division YSL races is optional and encouraged based on discussion between families and coaches. Coaching for these events is included. Additional mid-week training is available for additional charge; please see “Weekday Training Options” for schedules and pricing.
As with all FVSEF Development Programs, the season-long curriculum for the Development Team 2-Day includes:
- Pre-season equipment consultation
- The opportunity to ski with multiple FVSEF staff members including a day with former US Ski Team Olympians Hilary Lindh and Julie Parisien,
- A minimum of three sessions of video analysis: early, mid and late season
- Mid-season and end-of-season report cards
- Equipment maintenance seminar for parents
- Safety sessions covering avalanche awareness, tree well safety, the Skiers’ Responsibility Code and personal best practices for severe weather severe skiing & training.