Development Team: 1 Day
Modeled on the US Ski & Snowboard Alpine Training System, Phase 3
Cost $950 if registered and paid 75% on or before 9/30/17. ($1,045.00 after 9/30/17)
This program is designed for U10 (ages 8 and 9) and U12 (ages 10 and 11) skiers making the transition from All Mountain Rangers to the Development Teams and Northern Division Youth Ski League competition. U14’s with little or no race experience are also encouraged to participate at this level. Training is conducted on Saturdays from 9:30 – 3:00, beginning on December 8 and running through March 30, plus a 5-day camp on December 26 - 30 during Christmas break. The program includes after-school dryland conditioning sessions in the fall, two days per week beginning in early October.
On-snow training includes a combination of drills, directed free skiing and an introduction to ski racing. Participants are divided by age and ability into groups of 8 or fewer. Participation in the Tommy Moe Race Series is strongly encouraged. Participation in selected United States Ski & Snowboard - Northern Division YSL races is optional and subject to discussion between families and coaches. Coaching for these events is included. Additional mid-week training is available for additional charge; please see “Weekday Training Options” for schedules and pricing.
As with all FVSEF Development Programs, the season-long curriculum for the Development Team 1-Day includes:
- Pre-season equipment consultation
- The opportunity to ski with multiple FVSEF staff members including a day with former US Ski Team Olympians Hilary Lindh and Julie Parisien,
- A minimum of three sessions of video analysis: early, mid and late season
- Mid-season and end-of-season report cards
- Equipment maintenance seminar for parents
- Safety sessions covering avalanche awareness, tree well safety, the Skiers’ Responsibility Code and personal best practices for severe weather severe skiing & training.